Help Protect the Kennebec River:
DMR hearing regarding dam removal on Monday, March 15th by Mali Obomsawin with Sunlight Media Collective
“THE ORIGINAL MEANING AND INTENT OF THE MAINE INDIAN LAND CLAIMS : PENOBSCOT PERSPECTIVES”
Penobscot historian Maria Girouard’s revelatory Master’s Thesis “THE ORIGINAL MEANING AND INTENT OF THE MAINE INDIAN LAND CLAIMS : PENOBSCOT PERSPECTIVES” examines the historical context in which the controversial 1980 Maine Indian Claims Settlement Act came to be from Wabanaki perspectives.
The Maine Legislature is resuming its consideration of “An Act To Implement the Recommendation of the Task Force on Changes to the Maine Indian Claims Settlement Implementing Act”. On Tuesday, May 4 at 9am, the Judiciary Committee will hold a public hearing on the bill, now numbered LD 1568.
- “This River is Our Relative” — a new Penobscot documentary, coming soon!“This River is Our Relative” is an upcoming Sunlight Media Collective documentary
- The Penobscot: Ancestral River, Contested Territory
- Sunlight Media Collective’s founding documentary The Penobscot: Ancestral River, Contested Territory (2015) updated:A new 7-minute update has been created and added to the original documentary video. The
- Defend Tribal Sovereignty: Justice for the River
- Penobscots Speak on Historic River Case Review by Court of Appeals:This summer, the US Court of Appeals vacated its opinion and granted a rare En
- Mini-Lectures on How Disparate State Policies Invite Out of State Waste into Maine and How Landfill Leachate Threatens Health and Environment on the Penobscot RiverHillary Lister, longtime activist on waste impacts in Maine, founder and organizer with Don’t Waste
- Juniper Ridge Landfill MegadumpOver 200,000 tons of out-of-state waste is disposed of at the Juniper Ridge Landfill megadump